To book a Trial Lesson please fill out a "One Day Course and Trial Lesson" form and a "Gift Aid" form which can be found on the Forms page. The rate of the flight or flights can be found on the Recommended Donations sheet, also found in the forms section.
Instructor Peter Bryant with Ian Mackey on a Trial Lesson.
The Trial Lesson provides a taste of gliding and consists of a single winch launch at the current rates shown on the Rates / Donations page. The daily rate includes day membership and all flying costs.
The Trial Lesson consists of:
- Briefing of airfield safety and how to handle gliders on the ground.
- Single glider flight (duration depends on weather but is typically 6 minutes from a winch launch).
- You will need to bring your own food & drink as there are no facilities on the airfield.
- Airfields suffer from extremes of weather and so appropriate clothing will be required.
- Each person who wishes to fly with the Trust must fill out one of the temporary membership forms. For those under 18 a parent or guardian must sign the appropriate part of the form.
- For more information about Trial Lessons see the F.A.Q. section
To avoid disappointment you should book as soon as possible, as places are limited and the demand high. The Trial Lesson is open to all ages and run from April to October.